While reading this article on VIN about a Lakewood man being charged with armed robbery, I couldn't help but think of the times my parents had large bills, and I'd hear my mom say, "great, now all I have to do is rob a bank". Now, I'm not suggesting she ever would have, but the strain of frum living can be very great. So here are my Lakewood Falling Down's reason's the guy did it.
1. He wanted to learn, so he decided to support Torah in a proactive way.
2. He had to pay for part of his own wedding.
3. His sister went to Bais Faige, and he wanted her teacher to be paid.
4. He workred for AIG.
5. He has his Bar-Mitzvah presents invested with Bernard Madoff.
6. He wanted to ba able to eat out in a kosher restaurant, but couldn't afford the prices on the menu.
7. His parents owed back tuition.
8. He needed the money for a striemel.
9. He needed a shidduch.
10. He was planning a high steaks dreidle game.
Remember, always judge others favorably!