Monday, September 1, 2008

My Wife's Melons (Get your mind out of the gutter!)

For those of you that are married, I'm sure your wives have hobbies or interests that really are fun and interesting. My wife likes to be creative in the kitchen, but because I have a lighter work schedule, I get to do most of the cooking, and I am boring. My kids eat the same things over and over again, and for Shabbos, I always make the same thing. One day, my wife came home with this book called "Aristocratic Fruit" (Tammy Polatsek). She started to make fruit platters and is pretty darned good at it. She then "graduated" to carving melons. She did the D one for our niece's birthday, the ARA one for an engagement, the bird one, which was very time consuming has the hieroglyphic initials of a chosson and kallah in the fan. What can I say, I'm very proud of her melo...I mean ...skills.

7 comments:

MAK said...

Wow, she is really good! (Applauds)

Lakewood Falling Down said...

Thanks mak. I looked at your profile, and just FYI, I did a sporks vs foons election in my school last year(special ed HS Brooklyn NY). Foons won, hands down. The Mrs. says thank you!

Rafi G. said...

wow. fabulous. she is very good!

Lion of Zion said...

holy crap.
(i think i saw one of her earlier pieces artworks?)

Leora said...

Talented woman, your wife!

Tr8erGirl said...

Those are cool! She should start a business!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, your wife has a lot of talent.

P.S.
I found your blog courtesy of tr8ergirl.