Wednesday, August 13, 2008

While looking at http://muqata.blogspot.com/ , I was caught at the idea of a jblogger complaining that jbloggers are mostly whiners. My take on that is a weird one. When I was a kid, I was always told that when moshiach comes, there will be a shofar blast heard by everyone. As I got older I wondered what this really meant. I started to feel as I got older that none of our collective problems (agunah, get, Israel (pro or con), sinas chinam..) could ever be broadly addressed because there was no forum for people to get together. I do know that the “Yeshiva World” monitors us. Could we collectively come up with better solutions than our Gedolim? I doubt it, BUT, at least the ideas are being presented and debated, and you can be sure that as a greater “kol” goes out over the jbloggosphere, people who never would have listed to an idea because of what another person looks like ( http://www.frumsatire.net/2007/01/07/judging-folks-based-on-yarmulke-style/ ) may actually read an idea and think about it. This could foster communications, and possibly create some achdus where none existed before. Maybe instead of the internet being an evil place, it is our shofar blast, causing us to collectively listen to each other-hopefully B’Ahavah.

2 comments:

Jacob Da Jew said...

Actually, he did not say that. There are some whiners out there but the bloggers who diverse their writings instead of just ranting about frummies/chassidim/chardeim have staying power. People don't mind an occasional rant but when it becomes a way of life, readership drops. And so does the blog.

And Welcome to da blogosphere!

Vincent G said...

Hi thanks ffor sharing this